Want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Why not volunteer with Kharma Family
The Kharma Family relies on volunteers to run its operations. Without our dedicated teams of generous-hearted folk from around the world, we wouldn't be able to carry out our important work helping some of the poorest children in Thailand and creating positive changes for communities.
The Kharma Family welcome and encourage committed people to join us as volunteers both in our office and as fieldworkers on our projects in rural Thailand.
Volunteering is a great way to support our work. By giving your precious time you help us to achieve several things:
- Better facilities for local children, with improved infrastructure and buildings that enables them to study and learn.
- Help break down cultural and religious barriers and show young children that people care and they can resolve conflicts and solve problems peacefully.
And volunteering for the Kharma Family can help you too.
- You'll learn a range of new skills while sharing your current talents.
- You'll meet new people and make wonderful, long-lasting friendships.
- You'll find out more about the issues affecting vulnerable communities and young people in rural Thailand.
Kharma Family is currently seeking volunteers for its latest project in the border region of Southern Thailand where unemployment, low levels of education and religious divides have made everyday life for the young people extremely tough.
We are looking for volunteers to travel to the region in February and work with the Santisuk Special Task Force to help build up the local school buildings in the three Southern provinces. As well as building and educational work, volunteers will help to organize community activities and distribute. You will be required to pay your own expenses; airfare, transportation and food as we want every baht to count when it comes to helping the children of the region.
- You need to provide your full name ( as in passport), nationality, and job title. Also, you must agree to undergo a background check from the military. If the military vetoes you for any reason, their decision cannot be challenged.
- You need to be healthy as there will be a great deal of physical work involved.
- You need to meet all expenses such as transportation, food, shelter and sharing the cost of food for kids in the project. We can provide no funds. We estimate you will need around 3,000 - 5,000 baht in cash to cover the whole period (not including your ticket).
- Accommodation will be in the military base in Pattani.
- The Santisuk special task force will take care of our safety. Our team will be escorted from the moment we arrive in Hat Yai. But you need to be aware there are risks associated with visiting this area.
- Every night we return to the military base to eat dinner and sleep. We will not take you out at night due to safety reasons and difficulty of getting you back into the base.
- You can choose the tasks you want to undertake but once on site volunteers are expected to help each other to ensure the project is a success.
- After you are confirmed as a volunteer you will receive a “Do and Don't list.” Please read and understand the details. We will also inform you the flight details and schedule of project. We will not announce this information in public.
We know that we ask a big commitment from our volunteers when it comes to the time they give.
This year, we will be onsite from 3 to 7 February 2017.
Of course, we appreciate every minute of the time our volunteers donate. We couldn't do it without you and we want you to know you are all special members of the Kharma Family.
For more information or to volunteer, chat to the team at Kharma Family today.